Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gfarris1

Showing a Location ID with multiple values

So hopefully I put the correct heading on this.  I am in the process of trying to consolidate some alignments with servicing companies.  I want the tooltip to just display the location when i hover over it.

I am using two data sets, one is a list of providers, their rank and trade they service so it would look like below.

StoreProviderServiceRank
5050xywLandscaping1
5050xyzLandscaping2
5050htyLandscaping3
5050ksvwLandscaping4
5050khjduLandscaping5
5050jsbsgLandscaping6
5050shdfgLandscaping7

The second table is all of the location information, lat and long, city, etc.  The tables are connected via store number.

So the stores are mapped, the providers are in the legend (So when I sort by a trade it shows how they populate on the map), once I add the Store number to the tooltip all of the locations dissapear except for a few.  If I drill down to specific trade and state, it shows correctly.  I dont need the tooltip field to be calculated.  Hopefully this makes sense thank you!!!

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gfarris1

Is data type of your Store column whole number?

As tested, when it is whole number, add it in the tootip, it should be count as sum, count,ect.

when it is test, it show the first store by default.

5.png

once I add the Store number to the tooltip all of the locations dissapear except for a few. 

How do you add columns and measures in your map visual, could you share a screenshot of the map visual and Fields pane as my picture above?

Besides, please check if the table where the store column added in the tooltips field lies have less kinds of stores than another table.

Best Regards

maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.