Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

atowriss99
Frequent Visitor

Showing Only Max Avg Value on TTM Graph

Hi,

I have a TTM graph that has 4 lines based on measures.  I was able to create measures to show the last month's values as data labels on my graph, but also want to show Max and Min values.  My last sales month value shows up as a point, which I thrn turn on the data labels for.

However, when I use the below DAX to get the Max, it not only creates a constant line (at the correct value), as opposed to a point, but causes my graph to no longer only show the Trailing Month, but instead goes back all the way to the beginning date of my data.  I've tried multiple suggestions found on here and Google, and nothing has worked. 

Is what I'm looking to do impossible?  Below is my measure.  I have both a date and disconnected date table and have created a summary table for my averages

Cred Max CPF =
VAR _SelDate =
    Max('Date'[Date])

VAR _PV13=DATESINPERIOD('Disconnect Date'[Date],_SelDate,-13,Month)
VAR Result =
    Calculate(MAX('CPF Average'[Avg]),Map_Product[Reporting Product]="Cred",'Cost Per File'[EOM]>=_PV13&&'Cost Per File'[EOM]<=_PV13,
    REMOVEFILTERS('Date'),
KEEPFILTERS(_PV13),
USERELATIONSHIP('Date'[Date],'Disconnect Date'[Date]))
Return
Result

TIA!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@atowriss99 , max date would be like

Cred Max CPF =
VAR _SelDate =
MaxX(allselected('Date'), 'Date'[Date])
VAR Result =
Calculate(Calculate(MAX('CPF Average'[Avg]),Map_Product[Reporting Product]="Cred",'Cost Per File'[EOM]>=_PV13&&'Cost Per File'[EOM]<=_PV13,
USERELATIONSHIP('Date'[Date],'Disconnect Date'[Date])), filter( 'Date', 'Date'[Date] =_SelDate))
Return
Result

and min will be

Min Date = eomonth([Cred Max CPF],13)+1  //in case you need date before 13 months

View solution in original post

@amitchandak    My actual solution was this:

Var _SelDate=SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date])
Var _enddate=EOMONTH(_SelDate,-13)
VAR _maxcpf=calculate(max('CPF Average'[Avg]),All('CPF Average'[EOM]),DATESBETWEEN('Date'[Date],_enddate,_SelDate),'CPF Average'[Reporting Product]="Cred")
Return
If([Cred TTM Avg CPF]=_maxcpf,_maxcpf,Blank())

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@atowriss99 , max date would be like

Cred Max CPF =
VAR _SelDate =
MaxX(allselected('Date'), 'Date'[Date])
VAR Result =
Calculate(Calculate(MAX('CPF Average'[Avg]),Map_Product[Reporting Product]="Cred",'Cost Per File'[EOM]>=_PV13&&'Cost Per File'[EOM]<=_PV13,
USERELATIONSHIP('Date'[Date],'Disconnect Date'[Date])), filter( 'Date', 'Date'[Date] =_SelDate))
Return
Result

and min will be

Min Date = eomonth([Cred Max CPF],13)+1  //in case you need date before 13 months

@amitchandak    My actual solution was this:

Var _SelDate=SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date])
Var _enddate=EOMONTH(_SelDate,-13)
VAR _maxcpf=calculate(max('CPF Average'[Avg]),All('CPF Average'[EOM]),DATESBETWEEN('Date'[Date],_enddate,_SelDate),'CPF Average'[Reporting Product]="Cred")
Return
If([Cred TTM Avg CPF]=_maxcpf,_maxcpf,Blank())

I fixed my date connection, but the measure you gave me produces the value of the last month (Max Date) on the graph, which I already have.  I want a point to show the MaximumValue, which occurs in April 2022

Unfortunately, this still gives me a constant line and makes my graph go beyond my Trailing 12 months

atowriss99_0-1686056409034.png

UGH...I figured out why it was doing that...I failed to make a connecion to the date columsn in my model when I created the new table!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.