Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show records do not match the slicer selection

Hi,

I encountered a problem about slicer selection. For simplicity, I have below data for example.

typeapp name
Aapp1
Aapp2
Aapp3
Aapp4
Bapp5
Bapp6
Bapp7
Bapp8
Bapp9
Capp10
Capp11
Capp12
Capp13
Capp14

I created a slicer with type and a table with appname. What I want to achieve is when I select type A for example, I want the table show from app5 to app14 which belong to type B and C.

Anyone can help me on this?

Thank you.

Regards,

Harry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

Screenshot 2021-10-27 051437.png

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

Screenshot 2021-10-27 051437.png

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. It works on my side. 

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

To achieve this, you can use something like the following:

TheoC_0-1635289682814.png

Ultimately, you want to create a Table2 that has the "Type" and the "Result" as follows:

TheoC_1-1635289765246.png

Establish the relationship as follows:

TheoC_2-1635289789586.png

Also, when you do not have anything selected, all of your records will be present like below:

TheoC_0-1635306610989.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks TheoC. It helps a lot. But my case is the type colume is changing every day, so I cannot manually add results field in. I use concatenatex to sort this out. So Thank you very much.

@Anonymous makes complete sense. Another option that can mitigate the need to manually manipulate is to use SUMMARIZE (dax) or Grouby (Power Query) to automate establish the secondary table and its values. But, in saying that, @CNENFRNL solution is pretty awesome. Only recommendation is, if you want your users to see all records prior to making a selection, just modify the solution a touch.

All the best!

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.