Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dev_B_PBIing
Frequent Visitor

Show parentheses in table

Hello,

I'm a newer user.  I have a table that contains a concatenated column of Idea names and a unique identifier.  I'm wanting to have the unique identifier show with parentheses and cannot figure it out.  My expression:

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type2", "Unique Idea Name", each [Idea name]&" "&[Idea ID]) 

In this current setup it returns something similar to Employee Documents 70512345678453 where Employee Documents is the Idea Name and 70512345678453 is the Idea ID.  I want the Idea Id to be in parenthese like so Employee Documents (70512345678453).

I'd also like to, if possible, add a bunch of spaces between the two: Employee Documents               (70512345678453)

I really appreciate any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jgeddes
Super User
Super User

You can try something like...

Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type2", "Unique Idea Name", each [Idea name]&"     ("&[Idea ID]&")")

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jgeddes
Super User
Super User

You can try something like...

Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type2", "Unique Idea Name", each [Idea name]&"     ("&[Idea ID]&")")

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks that did it!  I needed the ") at the end.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.