Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yasbos
Resolver I
Resolver I

Show only one tab in app

Hi. Why do I have three tabs in my app? All, AppName, New Audience. I want the users to see only AppName. I couldn't find a way to hide the others. Honestly, this is very unintuitive. Does anyone know what these other tabs are there for? Sorry, I am writing this while being a bit frustrated because I don't understand why they are (the extra two tabs) there or what purpose they serves or why I can't hide the unwanted tabs.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yasbos
Resolver I
Resolver I

Ok, team. I accidentally figured it out. It seems that I, at some point, unknowingly pressed that New Audience tab and, by doing so, I had three tabs: one for the intended app, second for New Audience and third, All, that comprised everything. I deleted that New Audience thing, and it's all ok now. It just was not clear at all. Perhaps MS should add some information upon hovering over such things. I still don't know why would the All be even there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
yasbos
Resolver I
Resolver I

Ok, team. I accidentally figured it out. It seems that I, at some point, unknowingly pressed that New Audience tab and, by doing so, I had three tabs: one for the intended app, second for New Audience and third, All, that comprised everything. I deleted that New Audience thing, and it's all ok now. It just was not clear at all. Perhaps MS should add some information upon hovering over such things. I still don't know why would the All be even there.

Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

Hello  @yasbos,

By default, when you publish an app, all these tabs are visible to the users. However, you can control the visibility of the tabs based on the user's role or the audience group they belong to. Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no direct way to hide or remove the "All" and "New Audience" tabs from the app interface.

To achieve the desired result of showing only the "AppName" tab to users, you can design your "AppName" tab as the primary interface with clear instructions and navigation to the relevant content. This way, users will have a focused experience and won't be required to interact with the other tabs.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a "Kudos" 🙂

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
Data Scientist | Data Engineer | Data Analyst | AI Engineer
P.S. Want me to build your Power BI solution?
➤ Lets connect on LinkedIn: Join my network of 13K+ professionals
➤ Join my free newsletter: Data Driven: From 0 to 100
➤ Website: https://sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Email: sahir@sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Want me to build your Power BI solution? Lets chat about how I can assist!
➤ Join my Medium community of 30K readers! Sharing my knowledge about data science and artificial intelligence
➤ Explore my latest project (350K+ views): Wordlit.net
➤ 100+ FREE Power BI Themes: Download Now
LinkedIn Top Voice in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning

@Sahir_Maharaj thanks, but therein lies the problem 🙂 How do I design it such that AppName is the primary interface? It defaults to "All", and I don't seem to see any clear option to change that. @microsoft  does strange things like that. Why are they doing this? I really still don't understand what these tabs are there for. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.