Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AndrewWstry
Frequent Visitor

Show drivers actively on a job by 15 minute increments on a chart

Hello,

I have timestamps of when drivers accepted a job and completed a job. However I am needing to create a chart with 15 minute increments showing the total number of drivers that were actively on a job. Basically any time between the start and finish of a job I would want to see that driver counted on my chart. Any tips for doing this? 

From the Accepted Time to Completed time I would expect this driver to be counted as a working driver on the chart for 5:30, 5:45, 6:00. But I dont not know how to achieve this with just timestamps.

AndrewWstry_0-1689868927615.png

Example chart:

AndrewWstry_1-1689869027695.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @AndrewWstry 

You can create a table

Sample data 

vxinruzhumsft_0-1690165409720.png

Then you can create a table

Table 3 = GENERATESERIES(MAX('Table'[Column2]) , MAX('Table'[Column1]) , 1/24/2/2)

Output

vxinruzhumsft_1-1690165444580.png

vxinruzhumsft_2-1690165578758.png

And you can refer to the following link.

Creating a List of Numbers or Dates in Power BI using GenerateSeries Function in DAX - RADACAD

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
foodd
Super User
Super User

Please provide your work-in-progress Power BI Desktop file (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

This allows members of the Forum to assess the state of the model, report layer, relationships, and any DAX applied.

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @AndrewWstry 

You can create a table

Sample data 

vxinruzhumsft_0-1690165409720.png

Then you can create a table

Table 3 = GENERATESERIES(MAX('Table'[Column2]) , MAX('Table'[Column1]) , 1/24/2/2)

Output

vxinruzhumsft_1-1690165444580.png

vxinruzhumsft_2-1690165578758.png

And you can refer to the following link.

Creating a List of Numbers or Dates in Power BI using GenerateSeries Function in DAX - RADACAD

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.