Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

deboec
Helper I
Helper I

Show different date and number format

Hello,

I am located in Germany and my Windows language / regional settings are German (Germany).

This means we display e. g. today date as: 16.07.2021 and a random number as: 1.000,35.

I want to create a new Power BI file where I import an Excel file with date columns according the my regional settings (16.07.2021).

However in the Power BI file I want to use English (United Kingdom) settings and display the date as 16/7/2021 and numbers as 1,000.35.

My Power BI Options & Settings look like this:

deboec_0-1626435016968.png

deboec_1-1626435030256.png

I am fine with the date format options I have:

deboec_2-1626435332962.png

I can always use something like "2021-07-16" instead of my desired "16/07/2021".

But what I really want to change is the delimiter and decimal separater from , to .

Can I even do that in Power BI?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @deboec 

I found a blog explains the Thousand Separator and Decimal Separator in detail , maybe you will get the solution from this article .

The article mentions changing the language in the system locale, so you can follow his steps to try it .

http://schoennie.blogspot.com/2018/11/thousand-separator-and-decimal.html

Looking forward to your results .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @deboec 

I found a blog explains the Thousand Separator and Decimal Separator in detail , maybe you will get the solution from this article .

The article mentions changing the language in the system locale, so you can follow his steps to try it .

http://schoennie.blogspot.com/2018/11/thousand-separator-and-decimal.html

Looking forward to your results .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

deboec
Helper I
Helper I

This doesnt seem to work for me:

deboec_0-1626437341293.png

Also I cannot change any delimiters or separator settings there

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@deboec , In data model tab, select the column and under the property pane, check if you can define a format dd.mm.yyyy

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-custom-format-strings

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.