Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rane19
Helper I
Helper I

Show all data label while ignoring the ratio of amount between different type - Line and Stacked c

My Goal :

Show all the data labels in line and stacked chart whatever the ratio of amount between 2 types of column bar 

Data :

YTD    GAP   OVER    

788          0        25    

Problems:

Stack : YTD and OVER as column bar

YTD is 10 times bigger than OVER 

data label of YTD is showing but OVER is disappeared whatever adjusted size or Y aixs length 

q1.JPG

Google spreadsheet can achieving such a simple option by customize > series > chekc data label  

How can we achieve this in power BI (currently it's latest version)

q2.JPG

* it's not the reason of 1- size of label nor 2- the amount of END of Y axis

3 REPLIES 3
RobbeVL
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

This is indeed not fully customizable. I've encountered the same issues.

Plenty of new Ideas on the Idea forum.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/14130033-better-data-label-custom... 

Robbe

AnthonyTilley
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I have had  the same issue and as yet have not found a solution 

unfortunattly the only way to achive your desired result is to increase the size of the chart so that the size of your over section of the chart is large enough to include the required text. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thankyou .

The only settign of " increase the size of the chart  " is "START" and "END" of Y axis base on my limited knowleadge.

With the contraints of the standard in line and stacked chart , bigger chart even bring OVER bar into smaller piece that harder to show data label . (even widen END of Y - axis for 3 times of the biggest bar - YTD , OVER bar become smaller)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.