Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

inservo
Helper I
Helper I

Show a single number, filtered by a slicer. NO aggregation please

Hello,

I have basically two tables, the first one looks like this:

Product ACat A100 EUR
Product BCat A80 EUR
Product CCat B60 EUR

The second table one holds min, max and average values per category for all products. Let's call this aggregations table (I have done this in KNIME, as it is way easier, than doing lots and lots of calculated measures in PBI).

In the Model view I have related both tables with a many : one cardinality going from the above product table to my aggregations table.

I also have a slicer on the categories, so users can select if they want to see products (and aggregations) for Cat A, Cat B etc.

I basically want to display the above products table and show for example the avg price in a card per category (! important) above it. 

However, when I draw the avg Cat A onto a card it summarizes it. I don't want a summary or any kind of aggregation. I simply want to show this to my users so they can make a comparison to see how much the current product price is above or below the avg product price for that category.

Is there any way to display a simple number which is filtered by the selection in the slicer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
inservo
Helper I
Helper I

I am really surprised that there seems to be absolutely NO visual to represent a single value like a product price without any aggregation. It feels like I am missing a crucial part here or is that requirement sooo exotic?

Edit: Now I found the solution. So for anyone who is interested: the problem was that the category I mentioned above was also present in another table. I connected both in the data table and took the slicer with data from that other table. Now I have changed to the original pricing table and voilà it works!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
inservo
Helper I
Helper I

I am really surprised that there seems to be absolutely NO visual to represent a single value like a product price without any aggregation. It feels like I am missing a crucial part here or is that requirement sooo exotic?

Edit: Now I found the solution. So for anyone who is interested: the problem was that the category I mentioned above was also present in another table. I connected both in the data table and took the slicer with data from that other table. Now I have changed to the original pricing table and voilà it works!

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

"However, when I draw the avg Cat A onto a card it summarizes it" - a card requires an aggregation.

Are you getting the wrong number in the card or is it that the label text is confusing because it shows the aggregation?

No I simply don't want an aggregation. If a card is the wrong visual I have chosen, what other visula would be right? The only constraint I have is that it must be filtered by the slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.