Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

Show Current date + 7 in X-Axis on Line and stacked chart

Hello All,

How can i show Current Date and Current date + 7 in X-Axis of Line and Stacked Column Chart.

For example, today's date is 26th Sept so X- Axis should show 26,27,28,29,30,1,2. It should show 7 days in X- Axis starting from Current date.

Basically my requirement is to see data in Line and Stacked Column chart for next 7 days starting from Current date.

I am using Azure Analysis service as source and connected to AAS using Live Connection.

Thank You !!

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chayanupadhyay,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chayanupadhyay,

I tested it with SQL Server live connection. It should work with Azure Analysis Service. 

1. You need a date table (at least 7 more days from today).

2. Do as the picture showed.

Show Current date + 7 in X-Axis on Line and stacked chart .jpg

Any problem, please post here.

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @chayanupadhyay,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

@v-jiascu-msft Thank you for your response and apologies for delay.

As of now we have calculated effective date (again which is not current date + 7) but the dates which are appearing in next 7 days (using DAX date >= currentdate && date <= currentdate +7) which we restricted in our backed and instead of relative slicer we have showen in slicer as List.

I am looking for any slicer which can have facility to select only next days like in relative slicer we do have functionality to select Next, Last and this.

We do have calender dimension but not sure how to use to calender dimension and pick out today to today +7 and not sure whether data will be shown according to that dates, but surely whenever i will try that functionality, will post the outcome.

Thank you again for your help !! 

Hi @chayanupadhyay,

The slicers (or filters) will work on the actual data directly or through relationship. The build-in slicer has the Next n-day feature. The only problem could be if there are any data of the next 7 days.

Show Current date + 7 in X-Axis on Line and stacked chart.jpg 

Best Regards!

Dale

Thank you @v-jiascu-msft for your reply.

I will try to implement the approach and will post the result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.