Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Fenico1

Sharing dashboards with clientes outside our VPN

Hi community, 

I've encountered an issue, I would like to share a dashboard with a client outside my organization and I was searching for a possibility to share it with them without giving them access to the VPN.

I would like also to restrict access with Row-level security since i will have 50 customers and only 5 will have acess to the full dashboard.

The data is very sensitive

Does anyone knows if this is possible? I'm willing to buy premium license

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fenico1 

Basically, if you want to share a report with a customer outside your organization, you can invite him as a guest user of your organiation. Please refer to Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B.

To ensure the data security when sharing contents with external users, you can apply Row Level Security to these contents. Please refer to Distribute Power BI content to external guest users using Azure Active Directory B2B. This article covers some most common use case, setup, licensing, and row level security regarding to external users with examples.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Fenico1 , please explore the option of embedded power bi, and implement RLS there.

Check series of topics after this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedded-capacity

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.