Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

xRTP
Helper V
Helper V

Sharepoint online list "People" converting to text

Hello, im using sharepoint list as my dataset but on the "EID" column on my sharepoint list the datatype is "Person or Group" upon upload the data to Power BI, the value on the "EID" Column become a number. How to properly get the EID name on the powerBI?

Power BI

xRTP_0-1665504539085.png

Sharepoint List

xRTP_1-1665504573054.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xRTP ,

The problem is not reproduced by my test and I suggest that you can refer to these posts, which may be helpful to you.

Solved: Converting text to number from form to SharePoint ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello. I have a similar problem, you can support me by describing how to generate a column with the data from the "person or group" column into a new "text" type. Or I don't know if PowerBI is possible.

Santiloalinde_0-1699999712010.png

Santiloalinde_1-1699999813781.png

v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xRTP ,

The problem is not reproduced by my test and I suggest that you can refer to these posts, which may be helpful to you.

Solved: Converting text to number from form to SharePoint ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot i got it finally! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.