Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint Data - List, Record and Table (to create relationships between those)

Hi I have Sharepoint data import using the "SharePoint Online List" data source. From the several columns some of these are of types lists, records and table. I have expand list and drill into records and table to check the values but what I would really like to convert each of these as a separate query so that I can create relationships between each in the "Relationship" mode. I have searched online but all I found is to how to convert these into table but not the above. Please would anyone shed some light. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

In Query Editor mode, you could duplicate the original query to get several same data tables. For each duplicated table, you can remove columns and filter rows or apply some other transformations to get what you want.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

In Query Editor mode, you could duplicate the original query to get several same data tables. For each duplicated table, you can remove columns and filter rows or apply some other transformations to get what you want.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Thanks but the trouble with that is each time you drill inot a record or a table you get the new dataset and the key with which you can link is lost. How would you generate a linking key to create the relationship back to the original query/dataset?

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you add a custom column to list KEY values? Please provide some sample data of the loaded query and the applied steps you had made.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.