Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SharePoint Online List

Hi everyone!

I'm getting my data using SharePoint Online List. I was wondering if I publish my dashboard, will it update in real time as the SharePoint list I got also gets updated?

So if I publish a dashboard and then update something from the SharePoint list, will it also update my published dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

If you created your datasets and reports based on a Power BI Desktop file, Excel workbook, or comma separated value (.csv) file on OneDrive or SharePoint Online, Power BI performs another type of refresh, known asOneDrive refresh. 

Unlike a dataset refresh during which Power BI imports data from a data source into a dataset, OneDrive refresh synchronizes datasets and reports with their source files. By default, Power BI checks about every hour if a dataset connected to a file on OneDrive or SharePoint Online requires synchronization.

To review past synchronization cycles, check the OneDrive tab in the refresh history. The following screenshot shows a completed synchronization cycle for a sample dataset.

vyadongfmsft_3-1668420579748.png

For more information, please refer to:

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

If you created your datasets and reports based on a Power BI Desktop file, Excel workbook, or comma separated value (.csv) file on OneDrive or SharePoint Online, Power BI performs another type of refresh, known asOneDrive refresh. 

Unlike a dataset refresh during which Power BI imports data from a data source into a dataset, OneDrive refresh synchronizes datasets and reports with their source files. By default, Power BI checks about every hour if a dataset connected to a file on OneDrive or SharePoint Online requires synchronization.

To review past synchronization cycles, check the OneDrive tab in the refresh history. The following screenshot shows a completed synchronization cycle for a sample dataset.

vyadongfmsft_3-1668420579748.png

For more information, please refer to:

Data refresh in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can schedule a refresh in power bi service.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.