Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ancyphilip
Employee
Employee

Share your thoughts on the new Smart Narrative visual (preview)

Hit Reply to tell us what you think about the new Smart Narrative visual so we can continue to improve.

-Power BI AI team

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can the smart narrative on one page be based on a visual from another page?

sachin-power-21
Frequent Visitor

I tried the Smart narrative and it is an awesome feature althogh the details gathered from are are less as compared to the Narratve custom visual that i use. One of the awesome things was that it can be tweaked in an hassle free manner and as it is given as a extended feature of the text box it is very convenient.

Kudos!

porteoug
Frequent Visitor

I've created some customised text and added values in, everything works perfectly! I'm able to review my values and edit to my hearts content. Until I close the file. When I reopen it, it looks like there are still values there, but they're all blank and have lost their names. This has happened 4 times now! Any suggestions?narrative.png

This keeps happening to me as well, and is really hampering the usability of what should be a really awesome tool.

Same problem here, also when i change or add a new measure to my model... I think its a bug in the visual

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allow us to move the format box when it appears as it gets in the way of editing.

To demonstrate, create a text box over half the width of the report area and then add text. Try to then edit this text and you'll find it is covered by the format box.

It is very annoying and gets in the way when writing text in a box, so you cannot see what you are writing, and when trying to drag a title box to the right, the narrative is in the way!! Please update so this can be moved and minimised 

RT @Anonymous ´s comment:

"Allow us to move the format box when it appears as it gets in the way of editing.

To demonstrate, create a text box over half the width of the report area and then add text. Try to then edit this text and you'll find it is covered by the format box."

@cabc_xlorla  @Anonymous  Thank you for sharing your feedback! We have fixed this issue and it should be available soon. 

Loved the feature.

Is it going to be a part of Power BI desktop for good, once the "Preview" duration is over?

@PiyushBQ   Glad you like it! Yes, we plan to GA this feature !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was wondering if the following is possible in a smart narrative?  I've not seen it in the demos/info so far.

Expenses totalled $400 for the month.  Top 3 categories were Travel ($250), Paper ($40) and Food ($35).

Thanks.

@Anonymous Yes, this is possible. 

karnold
Resolver I
Resolver I

I tried this visual with a live connected AAS model and received an error. Will AAS models be supported in the future?

Same as Karnold, didn't work at all on AAS, while it was nowhere written that AAS models where not supported, any update on that ?

@GuillaumeV  @karnold AAS isn't currently supported. Please check out the limitations section in our documentation page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.