Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RosieL
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Share your thoughts on the new On-Object Interaction feature (preview)

Hit Reply to tell us what you think about the new On-Object Interaction feature so we can continue to improve.

For example:

• What changes would you like to see?
  • If you turned off the preview switch, why?
  • Any suggestions for addititional settings or capabilities?

Thanks,

-Power BI team

To read more about the feature, see the announcement in the Power BI Product Blog or our documentation on how to Use on-object interaction

FAQs:

• Q: How can I open multiple panes at once?
    • A: You can CTRL + click or right click on the unselected pane you wish to open and choose "Open in new pane"
  • Q: Where did aggregations move to?
    • A: It's still on right click of a field, or you can use the new flyout aggregations dropdown while choosing or swapping a field.
  • Q: Where did drillthrough and tooltip page setup move to?
    • A: Drillthrough is now in the page settings of the format pane under Page Information > Page type > Drillthrough or Tooltip.
831 REPLIES 831

No it isn't!

No, actually it has not been corrected in the last release. I just downloaded and installed it, and here we still are. The settings thing for the pane switcher looks really fancy now, but your selections don't stay. THIS IS BEYOND ANNOYING.

ryomaru0825
Regular Visitor

Can not choose whether the field parameter shows the values or the display names of the selected field(s).

TomGee702
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can I tell you how much I HATE these changes. I mean, now I can't even change the colors on a bar chart. What the F are you guys doing???

Lembasts

Will on object editing ever be a part of the Report Server version of powerbi desktop?

Thanks

David

JohnF1966
Advocate V
Advocate V

In the November 2023 update there was a feature to resize the 'Data' flyout (see image below). This only works when the 'Build a visual' pane on an object (on a chart for example), but it does NOT work when the 'Build a visual' pane is in the 'Pane switcher'.

Please add this functionality so we can resize the 'Data' flyout when the 'Build a visual' pane is in the 'Pane switcher'

Resize the data flyout.JPG

JohnF1966
Advocate V
Advocate V

I love the new 'multi-visual container format support' and the other bug fixes.

markyh
Regular Visitor

There used to be an option on a visual to show items with no data, but after changing to using On-Object interaction I can't see it anymore.  Is this not an option now ?

markyh_0-1708592072921.png

@markyh,

I see it when I right click on a field in the 'Build a visual' pane (see image below).

Show items with no data.JPG

QC
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I noticed PBI Desktop has become significantly slower with pretty much everything after Feb. update: when I hit return after editing DAX formula, it takes up to 10s to update, try to do simple things like format a column from 2 decimal to 1 decimal, another 10s. It used to be decent (not super fast but not sluggish). Not sure if it's just me or not.

Definitely not just you, but I can confirm this is the case whether the OOI feature is enabled or disabled. All of the colleagues I've spoken to who utilize PBI regularly have also had the same experience. Every interaction and calculation which is in any way data related (which basically means almost everything as you stated) seems relatively sluggish.

QC
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I think performance is a critical issue MS need to continue focus on, much more than UI. All of us as users want PBI to be fast and responsive. The worst thing could happen is MS make it slow and bloated in the name of "improving user experience".

GaryC
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Same here, thought it was me.

edchuy
Advocate II
Advocate II

One thing I just noticed is that you can't a sparkline from a Value. I guess the only option left is to use Insert - > Add a Sparkline.

QC
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

BUG: the side pane no longer remembers user choice, instead always opens with the same 3 buttons by default. Previous versions remember user choice, so we don't have to repeat selection every time a .pbix file is opened. This is a new bug with Feb. 2024 version. Pls fix. Thanks. 

Version: 2.126.927.0 64-bit (February 2024)

Capture.JPG

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. It's annoying and why on EARTH would you do that when people had previously complained about it AND you then mad the selections permanent? Had I known this was going to be an issue, I would have foregone this update.

I reverted to the January update. Thankfully, it was still in my downloads. I would attach it here if I could. But because it was a previous version, I had to completely uninstall PBI first.

Please fix this in the next update. The Pane Switcher no longer keeps the selections made. It defaults back to only showing 'Data', 'Build a visual' and 'Format'. I want it to remember all my selections like it did before and not resest it every time I open up a file.

BUG: Power BI Desktop february update - when trying to "get more visuals" in the "Build a visual" using the "..." menu, the window collapses and closes.getvisual.png

I'm having the same experience. When clicking on 'Get more visuals' a new window starts to open, but then closes right away.

QC
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Can we pls move the "Filter" option from top bar to side bar together with the rest of buttons? It's odd to single out this 1 pane. I often had to move mouse way across screen to show/hide filter pane. It'd be much user-friendly and convenient if we can have all buttons in one place on the side, for both Desktop and Online. Currently the "Filter" button is completely missing online, thanks.

Capture.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.