Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Share your thoughts on the modern visual tooltips (preview)

Hit Reply to tell us what you think about the new, modern visual tooltips so we can continue to improve.

-Power BI team

16 REPLIES 16
sharaf

Hello, I've activated the modern visual tooltip but it still showing the old hover over box stating "Right click to drill through" instead of the new shape. I'm using Version: 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024).

seantori

i enabled it and restarted and nothing happens - no popup at all so i had to disable it. using most current version of x64 pbi desktop.

PanChar_
Frequent Visitor

I could not use it. Even I enable this features, it would disable automatically.

Benjamin_P
Frequent Visitor

Nice Feature with the Drill Down and Drill Through available from the Tooltip. 

We also need these buttons if you use a ToolTip Page. This would help to make nice custom ToolTips and enable the user to additionally get more Information than the ToolTip can deliver, if necessary. 

jteixeira
Regular Visitor

Great Feature!

DM_EU
Helper I
Helper I

In Desktop options, I ticked "Use modern visual tooltip" in "report settings" of current file. I can see them in the Desktop but not in the Service. So I unticked the option.

JulienZH
Helper I
Helper I

Doesn't work on the breakdown bars of a waterfall chart.

ctmharrison
Regular Visitor

Need to ability to control which fields to display or not display within the Tooltip as well as ability to add fields not included in the visual to the Tooltip.

JasonLi_IKEA

Why the button visual can't open link anymore? We have many button setup before, suddently non of them work anymore, pls fix it ASAP.

Richard146
Frequent Visitor

Hi 

I have set a bookmarks for each page in my report. I have created a menu  with bottons to navigate to the page.

I cant seem to find the option on the button formatting to select the bookmark. 

It was quite easy to find on the previous version. What am I missing?

AJMChris
Advocate I
Advocate I

Im having problems with this. When I try to select 'Drill Through' from the floating tooltip, it dissapears as soon as I move the mouse. I'm using Edge which I've updated, just in case. Any help appreciated

I also have a report with the same behaviour, both in the desktop and the service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enabled the preview feature in Desktop and published report and wasn't able to lasso select datapoints in any of the visuals including bubble chart, line chart and clustered column chart visuals until I disabled the preview option in the global and reports menu. 

The visuals being used were the standard visuals. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really nice feature!! It makes it much more user-friendly to the end users. 

It does not function when you have a table? In the table you still need to right-click and select drillthrough. It would be great if it works for tables.

ariggin03
Frequent Visitor

This is really amazing, thank you!  My end-users have been asking for a way to eliminate the right-click drill through functionality, so this will come in handy!

DavidPROVOST
Advocate II
Advocate II

I love thos modern design, and above all, the visibility it provides to my hard-work drill-through pages !

Howerver, modern tooltip do not appear on standard table visual. Table visual does not allow custom tooltip, but it allows drill-through. Despite modern visual activation on my report, I still have to educate my users with right-click + drillthrough, which everyone forgets.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.