Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shape Map general availablity date?

Hello Community,

Its been a long time since Power bi launched shape map Visual as a preview feature which has the ability to add GEOJSON maps based on our choice. 

Anyone have a tentative timeline for this map to become GA?

Azure maps is having option to add secondary layers. But Is there any visual which can be used to add custom maps??

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
pbrad
Frequent Visitor

Relatedly, does anyone know if Microsoft will continue to offer Shape Maps as a feature at all, given the upcoming move to Azure Maps?

The Shape Map documentation now displays a note at the top "When you open a report with an existing map visual, if Azure Maps is enabled for your organization, you see a message encouraging you to upgrade your maps and filled maps to Azure Maps. In a future release, Power BI plans to deprecate older map visuals and migrate existing reports to Azure Maps." It does not explicitly say whether you will need to upgrade "Shape Maps," just Maps and Filled Maps.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous ,

There's still no date for this, but here is the latest update documentation on shape map https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-shape-map

also you can add your idea to make shape Map GA in this link https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.