Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

SWilliams-SSL

Setting up Power BI to track participation of staff accessing files created in SWAY & FORMS

Hi, Im new to Power BI
Is there an easy way to set up Power BI to record the personel who have completed a SWAY and a FORM that I have set up and attached to a Team (MS Teams).

I am trying to record who has completed mandatory in-house training that I have created via SWAYs, and currently I have attached a FORM at the bottom of each SWAY to track who has completed it, but it means I have to into each Form separately to check it. I was hoping there was a way to set up a report, which is linked/live so it updates whenever someone completes a SWAY.

I hope this makes sense!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @SWilliams-SSL ,

Is your form the same for every user or do you have a form for each one? If the form is the same you can connect to the Excel file that is created and do a Power BI report on top of it.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SWilliams-SSL

Thanks Felix,
There are 9 different SWAYs, each with a form linked to the bottom of the SWAY where each personel adds their name and a rag rating of the SWAY.
The forms are all individual to link with the SWAY. Is this going to work with PowerBI? Or would I have to create a different  PowerBI report for each individual form/sway?
Thanks

Hi @SWilliams-SSL ,

You can connect to the folder where this forms are saved and then you can combined them into a single Power BI report, no need to do several reports.

Regards

Miguel Félix

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @SWilliams-SSL ,

Is your form the same for every user or do you have a form for each one? If the form is the same you can connect to the Excel file that is created and do a Power BI report on top of it.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.