Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

victorsaiz
Regular Visitor

Setting PBI Desktop default settings (JSON or PBIT)

Hi all,

looking for confirmation to what I read about setting global settings in PBI Desktop:

I am aware of the possibility of creating a theme file with many standard settings, but I am looking for a way of having this theme file automatically available in PBI Desktop instead of sending instruccions to users, any ideas?

Same question to PBI Template files, any idea on how to make it standard for users instead of sending instruccions?

Greatful for any hints!

Thanks

Victor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @victorsaiz,

AFAIK, the current power bi desktop does not support setting a global theme to the specific organizations. I'd like to suggest you submit an idea for this requirement.

Microsoft Power BI ideas
For your requirement, perhaps you can try to integrate the theme to your template file and enable it in the report, then these settings will show as the default settings of the users who use the template file.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @victorsaiz,

AFAIK, the current power bi desktop does not support setting a global theme to the specific organizations. I'd like to suggest you submit an idea for this requirement.

Microsoft Power BI ideas
For your requirement, perhaps you can try to integrate the theme to your template file and enable it in the report, then these settings will show as the default settings of the users who use the template file.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
James-Harpin
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@victorsaiz 

My recomendation would be to create a template file PBIX with your JSON theme / any custom visuals etc pre-installed, and have this in a shared folder for your colleagues to pick up and then use that as a starting point

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.