Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

datadatadata

Server dails to refresh "Qe cannot convert the value "[Binary]" to type Binary" No binary value

I am getting to types of errors which are probably related. For context, the dashboard is a large and complex model with over 20 queries and 15 data sources, pulling from Azure, Shaerpoint and other sources.

First, on the desktop, I can only refresh the data when I open the Power Query editor, refresh the data sources and then close it. Then  I can refesh the data with no problems. Otherwise, one of the query dependencies will fail.

Second, once I do the Power Query editor part and I upload, I always get this error but in different queries: Data source error: Expression.Error: We cannot convert the value "[Binary]" to type Binary.. . The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: XXXXX.

The Table will change on each iteration. None of the tables have binary values.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@datadatadata for binary to type binary issue:
You need to make sure that all your connections where you are appending or merging data have the same privacy level. 
Check this link: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Underlying-error-message-We-cannot-convert-the-val...

This might also solve the first error?

Cheers,
Nemanja Andic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@datadatadata for binary to type binary issue:
You need to make sure that all your connections where you are appending or merging data have the same privacy level. 
Check this link: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Underlying-error-message-We-cannot-convert-the-val...

This might also solve the first error?

Cheers,
Nemanja Andic

This worked. THanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.