Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swragg
Helper I
Helper I

Selectively remove some labels on the X axis of a bar chart

Forum question.JPG

Hello, 

is there a way to produce this, just a regular bar chart, but only a selected label can be seen.  Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @swragg ,

You could try slicer or filter to meet your requirements.

Or do you mean to show the only corresponding result when you click the label in the visual?

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
AlexAlberga727
Resolver II
Resolver II

Have you thought about slicers, Top N, or categorizing your locations?

I don't know what type of data you're reviewing, but creating a dynamic chart like this to quickly switch between different categories of intrest may be best if your dataset icludes many locations. Otherwise, I'd allow a slicer to determine the "selected label(s)".

The slicer would leave only with one location, when I want to comapre the location to the anonymized other locations.

Thank you for the idea.

Utilizing a slicer doesn't limit you to a single value.

With Slicers you can select multiple values. You also could categorize your data - Then slice by top performer, locations with the greatest change in revenue, or what ever you could think of.

It honestly sounds like Slicers, and modeling your data would get you a solution to your issue.

Share some examples, I'd be happy to assist.

example.JPG

This I am unaware of. I also am not certain if this is achievable with DAX. I woluld be interested in a solution.

However, if you're trying to bring attention to a particular value you can play with the conditional formatting settings.

I apologize.

No need to apologize. This is a very specific request for which there may be no solution at this time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.