Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mterry
Helper V
Helper V

Selection grouping not saving

I recently created a slicer panel following the guy in a cube directions, the problem is the selection groups I create don't save when I save and close the desktop version. So every time I re-open I need to re-create the groups then edit the bookmarks to get the report to behave as selected. I know it's difficult to troubleshoot without sharing (can't share this data), but does anyone know why this might be happening? Do I just need to avoid grouping them and use them all individually?

3 REPLIES 3
WeeZ

I had the same issue. Thanks a lot for the solution !

novicepbixer
Advocate I
Advocate I

My company is having these issues too. I think it might be related to the Feb 2023 Power BI desktop update.

I may have found a solution someone else posted, can't find it now, it's at least worked so far for me so hopefully works for you. Go to File > Options & Settings > Options > in the Current File Section go to Report Settings, then check 'Use the modern visual header with updated styling options'. 

I only created one group and saved/reopened once to check it but so far looks good. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.