Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ashleyfiore
Advocate III
Advocate III

Selection Pane Layer Ordering not Working properly

When I change the layer order on the selection pane using drag and drop (the only option) I have to repeat the action 3-5 times before it goes where I want it to. This appears to be a new bug as I only noticed it once I did the August 2021 update. 

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having this issue and it's making me crazy!  I am on the April 2022 version.

elimcd79
Advocate II
Advocate II

Did you ever find a solution for this? I use the selection pane extensively, so this issue is a contant annoyance.

no, sorry - I never got any solution. 

ashleyfiore
Advocate III
Advocate III

"Mouse settings" is not the issue. I am able to reporduce the issue from multipal workstations. 

Hi @ashleyfiore 

Thanks for your reply. Could you share a sample file? because not having received the feedback on relevant issues currently, so we need sample file to reproduce the issue to find the reason.

You can replace raw data with bogus data. Thanks. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello , 
I think I got a weird problem here.
I am working on Power BI Service and desinging  a mobile layout. But when I unable the selection pane , it is not showing and I need it to continue to work .
Evrything else is working fine .

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ashleyfiore 

Have you solved this problem? If yes, could you kindly accept the answer helpful as the solution to help others find answer faster? Or could you kindly share your solution to improve Power BI?

Really appreciate!
Any question, please let me know. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _Tang

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ashleyfiore 

I updated the desktop a few days ago. The current version is: 2.97.801.0 64 bit (September 2021). After testing, it works OK.

Please test again after the update, if problem is still not solved, please let me know.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I updated my desktop version to September 2021 and still have the same issue just not as consistently. 

Hi @ashleyfiore 

Thanks for your reply, could you share a sample file? so that we can test it to find the reason.

Best Regards,

Hi @ashleyfiore 

Thanks for your reply.

The video you attached cannot be find now, could you share again? Thanks.

Best Regards,

The link has been updated. 

Hi @ashleyfiore 

I've checked the video, not sure if this is caused by the related settings of the mouse, please check it, e.g. mouse sensitivity settings.  

vxiaotang_0-1633917476092.png

Best Regards,

I just upgraded from the Jan 2021 Report Server version to the Jan 2022 Report Server version and holy cow this is super annoying.  You have to drop it in there three or four times to get it where you want.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.