Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

japaccion

Select one cell with more than 2 filters

Greetings,

I have a table with three columns (country, business and comments). There are 4 countries and 3 businesses. I would like to retrieve a general comment (let's say the sum of all the businesses) when none of these, or both, are selected. For example for Brasil, when the business is not "CONSTRUCCIÓN" nor "AGUA", I would like to retrieve the fourth row for the column "comentario"

japaccion_0-1685095120713.png

I have looked up different filters formulas but I don`t know how to combine them. Do you have any which measure or formula should I use?

Thanks in advance,

Javier

4 REPLIES 4
japaccion

Could anyone advice on this topic?

@Ritaf1983 @Greg_Deckler @Ahmedx 

I could not make it with the explanations on the video posted by @amitchandak. Thank you so much in advance

japaccion

Let me see if I can explain it by sharing the output. As you can see in the image 1, there is a combination of countries and businesses in the report. When I select a business (either AGUA or CONSTRUCCIÓN) I retrieve one comment for the tabla, image 2. In the case of the business "CONSTRUCCIÓN" i retrieve the cell C1 and in the case of "AGUA" i retrieve C2 (selecting Brasil as country). But if I select both businesses or none of them, I would like to get a comment which would make reference to both businesses (cell C3) but I dont have any name to which I can refer that combination of businesses. It should be some kind of logic which would say "when the business is not construction neither agua, and for the country selected, give me that cell with the comment"

Please let me know if it is clear enough. Thank you so much for your help!

Image 1

japaccion_0-1685349976091.png

Image 2

japaccion_1-1685350175432.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@japaccion , seem like you need something like

And for Selected Values, All selected values are present: https://youtu.be/X5T4rIZovHk

or as suggested by @Mahesh0016, please share more details.

Mahesh0016
Super User
Super User

@japaccion Please Share Your ENDOUT in Table and Related Data for more understanding.THANK YOU!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.