Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mellieb
Helper I
Helper I

'Select an Environment' option in Power Automate Visual via Desktop is missing

Hi All,

We need the ability to 'Select an Environment' option in the Power Automate Visual in Power BI desktop but it seems to be missing or it is not there or as described in the MS article Create a Power Automate visual for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn.

I tried both February 2024 and March 2024 version but it is not there. Is there a certain setting in Power BI Desktop or maybe Power BI Automate that enables this option?  The first screenshot is from the microsoft documentation showing the 'Select an Environment' option...

SelectAnEnvironmentscreenshot.PNG

In Power BI desktop the 'Select environment' is not showing or displaying...

SelectAnEnvironmentscreenshot2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
mellieb
Helper I
Helper I

I full admin access to all environments and I still do not see it.  

mellieb
Helper I
Helper I

I have access to several environments in Power Automate using my profile/login account and still do not see this option in Desktop.  The login in Desktop and Automate should be the same.  

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mellieb , I think that is based on your login in the Power BI desktop. Based on that it will pull the environment you have access to power automate. If you only have one. The first step will be skipped.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.