Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

salexa
Helper II
Helper II

See records to be available only for certain users

Hi,

I have a sbusiness requirement regarding the option See Records: can it be available only for certain users that acces the report?

Let say it's an report for HR and only the manager should see the data bedind a visual, with see reccords. Is it posible?  See Recordsd.png

And I'm not talking about RLS, because every user should see the values, but not teh record behind.

Thanks,

Irina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
salexa
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

Maybe somebody will find it useful: I amnaged to find a workaround by using measures instead of columns, to disable See Records option.

And after this duplicating the dataset used for visuals, addind a custom column for RLS Security with value "Manager", creating 2 roles Manager and Others( for role Manager, security column ="Manager")  and add relattionship between both tables and set security in Power Bi report server for roles.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
salexa
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

Maybe somebody will find it useful: I amnaged to find a workaround by using measures instead of columns, to disable See Records option.

And after this duplicating the dataset used for visuals, addind a custom column for RLS Security with value "Manager", creating 2 roles Manager and Others( for role Manager, security column ="Manager")  and add relattionship between both tables and set security in Power Bi report server for roles.

Thank you!

salexa
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @amitchandak ,

thanks for clarification.

You are right, See Records is not user specific and I can't modify it for different users.

Do you have any ideea of a workaround to be able to hide this records for specific users?  Probably is not possible..

Thanks!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@salexa , as far as I know see record has global setting not user specific

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.