Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

malagari
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

'See records' on funnel wants flat table

Hey there,

I'm running into an error with my funnel visualization, and the ability to see the records behind each category.  The exact error I'm seeing is "We can't display the detailed record table for this data source without a unique key.  Create a flat table with all fields to see a breakdown of the measure with identical rows aggregated".

Here's what I'm trying to do - I have a list of Purchase Orders that each have a StatusID that corresponds to the current status of that PO.  This StatusID maps to PO Status table which lists all of the possible statuses that a Purchase Order can have.  Here's an example:

PONumber                    StatusID
2003                          1
2004                          2
2005                          1
2006                          3
StatusID                   Status Name
1 Awaiting 2 In Progress 3 Variance 4 Complete

When creating my funnel, I am using the Status Name from the Status table as my grouping, and the values are coming from the Purchase Orders table.  This accurately displays all statuses and how many POs are within each status.  However, when I right-click to 'See records' behind each status, I'm thrown the error.

The only workaround I've found is to create a custom column in my Purchase Orders table that has the full status name.  This doesn't work well, because for statuses that don't have any POs associated, it doesn't show up in the funnel.

Can funnels really not pull information from related tables?

Dan Malagari
Consultant at Headspring
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
malagari
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Adding more color to this topic - I found that if I disable "Show items with no data", I'm able to see the records behind the funnel.  If I enable blank statuses to show a true "pipeline style", it will not pull up the records.

Dan Malagari
Consultant at Headspring

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
malagari
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Adding more color to this topic - I found that if I disable "Show items with no data", I'm able to see the records behind the funnel.  If I enable blank statuses to show a true "pipeline style", it will not pull up the records.

Dan Malagari
Consultant at Headspring

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.