Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

peter1974
Regular Visitor

Secure url to resource

Hello!

I have a problem. I am making visualisation where are URL's in matrice and they can be clicked by user. There is selector which uses certain criteria to show needed links. That link points to .wav file, which will be played after click.

The problem is how to make that .wav file unaccessible to public, but keep it available to raport user. My wavs are located in gdrive, so I can make public link to those files yes, but everyone who has that link will be able copy paste that link to own browser and play that same wav.

What if I place my .wav file inside Azure storage ? Is it then "inside Microsoft network" so I can use some "local ip/url" to my wav ? Then it would be unaccessible from outside .. 

Second option would be to use some key - in url, which would authenticate report user .. of course that link will work whoever has that link.. 

Any ideas what would be the best way to do it .. ?  

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @peter1974 ,

It is suggested to share the file to a specify group.

For example, when one file is stored in OneDrive for Business and shared with a specify group, the report users in the group can open the link with no problem. But the users not in the group will have no access to the file.

share the file to specify person/groupshare the file to specify person/group

check who have access to the filecheck who have access to the file

browser need to verify identitybrowser need to verify identity

user with no accessuser with no access

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @peter1974 ,

It is suggested to share the file to a specify group.

For example, when one file is stored in OneDrive for Business and shared with a specify group, the report users in the group can open the link with no problem. But the users not in the group will have no access to the file.

share the file to specify person/groupshare the file to specify person/group

check who have access to the filecheck who have access to the file

browser need to verify identitybrowser need to verify identity

user with no accessuser with no access

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.