Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pay_2019
Frequent Visitor

Sectors on a UK Map

I have been tasked with creating a UK Map visual which shows 8 sectors split across the UK area to show revenue in each area. Can you suggest a way we can create this? I have customer post code data to hand and revenue, so I want to be able to show the total on the UK Map visual. I have looked at the Shape Map but I cannot see how to split it across the sectors,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
some1else
Helper II
Helper II

I think this is what are you looking for: Regions (December 2021) EN BGC | Regions (December 2021) EN BGC | Open Geography Portal (statistics....
You have the option to download the map in various formats (example: SHP or even GeoJSON). If you have trouble connecting this to the official visual (Shape Map), I suggest you take a look at Icon Map visual. It expands the possibilites of the default map visuals in so many way I can't even describe

View solution in original post

I have been able to find a GeoJSON map file for postal code areas on the UK and it is all working well. I will be accumulating the values in each to an overall region report and it should now work for the presentation I have. Much appreciated. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
some1else
Helper II
Helper II

I think this is what are you looking for: Regions (December 2021) EN BGC | Regions (December 2021) EN BGC | Open Geography Portal (statistics....
You have the option to download the map in various formats (example: SHP or even GeoJSON). If you have trouble connecting this to the official visual (Shape Map), I suggest you take a look at Icon Map visual. It expands the possibilites of the default map visuals in so many way I can't even describe

I have been able to find a GeoJSON map file for postal code areas on the UK and it is all working well. I will be accumulating the values in each to an overall region report and it should now work for the presentation I have. Much appreciated. 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pay_2019,

I think you can add a table to map postcodes and regions, then you can link this to the raw table to design a map visual with the new table region and raw table values.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I tried using the Shape Maps but it only provides a split on the UK Map by country and not be region.

Regions will be North West, North East, South West, Midlands, etc.

No UK maps listed on the link for JSON of shapes?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.