Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sgude0

Secondary axis problem with "Line and stacked column chart"

I've got a line and stacked column chart that shows weekly values as columns and a measure of the average for the last 6 months as the line. When all data is showed it workes well, but if I use the slicer, a secondary axis is added for the line which messes up the display. Is there any way to stop the use of the new y-axis?

All data shown:

All dataAll data

Using slicer:

Single account selectedSingle account selectedNote the new secondary y-axis. The measure gives the correct number, but the two y-axises (sp?) as now not syncronized.

TIA!

Dennis

8 REPLIES 8
Shelley
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

MPDerek

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I'm have the same issue, if the two data sets are not close it creates a secondary Y-axis.

@sgude0 @MPDerek 

I had the same issue as you both for Line and stacked column chart.

For me, the 2nd y-axis doesn't appear in PBI Desktop, but it does unexpectedly appear in powerbi.com app / workspace.

Hopefully Microsoft will fix this, but here's a workaround for the visual.

To prevent 2nd y-axis showing:-

1. Show secondary on
  2. Align zeros on
  3. Show secondary off

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

wow.. a known issue from 2016, it is now 2021, and steel seems to be a problem. Thanks for the w/a  - it seems to work

wow.. a known issue from 2016, it is now 2021 2023, and still seems to be a problem.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

If after it appears you then go and turn off the secondary axis - does it still show up later?

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sgude0,

Can you share me a sample file to test?

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.