Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Search for an address and change the filter according to zone of address

Hello Community, 

I have a table with adresses and zones, called "Addresses". The zones are connected to another table, "Main", and I have developed a dashboard using fields from the "Main" table.

"Addresses"

AddressZone
109 N Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 3306211
2001 NE 10th St, Pompano Beach, FL 3306024
120 SW 4th St, Pompano Beach, FL 3306063

I would like to adda feature where a user can search for an address, and if their address is found, the corresponding Zone is selected as a slicer. So if I searched for "109 N Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach" then my slicer will change to Zone 11 for the page. Alternatively, a card saying "Your Zone is 11" would be useful as well, if the slicer options isn't possible. 

Would anyone know how to do this? Is this possible? 

Thank you, 

Denisse

3 REPLIES 3
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes it is possible, go to Get more visuals

aj1973_0-1624060198111.png 

and Add

aj1973_1-1624060270490.png

Check this example out

Microsoft Power BI

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helllo @aj1973 , 

This is awesome, and gets really close to what I am looking for. I wouldn't want the dashboard to change to show only the address, but the zone. For example, in your dataset, let's pretend Client "Edyfic" always equaled project "2020-00022 (Solar - RC5)". I would want it to be that if I searched for client "Edyfic", the dashboard sliced for project "2020-00022 (Solar - RC5)", rather than for client "Edyfic". I'm not sure if I explained myself well. 

Since addresses are so specific, if it filters per address, my dashboard won't really work. But the Zone is an aggregate, with many addresses attached to it, so my dashboard will still show meaningful information. So i would like to be able to put in my address, be and the dashboard filters for the Zone in which my address is in... 

Thank you for the help, Amine!! 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Honestly it is not quite easy for me to understand what you need without working closely on your model.

Example you are talking about dashboard and I am thinnking report, because they are 2 different things.

A sample of your file would help me better understand your need...or you can share your file in private if that would suits you better.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.