Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Binway
Helper II
Helper II

Sankey not creating a single node for to and from

Hi Team,

I have created a Sankey chart and wanted it to be like the example where a node that has a flow in and out is placed in the centre.

Such as for Portugal or South Africa below.

exampleexample

My data is similiar in that it has source, target and count but the Nodes do not seem to group where there is a flow in and out.

current_result.PNG

How do I format the chart or data so it would look similiar to this where the FI_1 node has been grouped into a single node.desired_result.PNG

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So it would seem that the data needs to be transformed a wee bit. I removed the line where FI_1 was both the source and target.  I also changed the names to indicate they are a source or target.  It seems to get it's knickers ina twist if there is a circular flow happening where the source and targets are the same name.

So the data now looks like this:

better_result_data.PNG

And produced the desired result where the focus in on the name FI_1:

better_result.PNG

Thanks for looking into this

Binway

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Binway ,

I have done some research and tested, but no direct way to achieve your requirements.😔

I'll do more research to understand the logic of Sankey visual and check if there is any workaround.

Best Regards,

Icey

So it would seem that the data needs to be transformed a wee bit. I removed the line where FI_1 was both the source and target.  I also changed the names to indicate they are a source or target.  It seems to get it's knickers ina twist if there is a circular flow happening where the source and targets are the same name.

So the data now looks like this:

better_result_data.PNG

And produced the desired result where the focus in on the name FI_1:

better_result.PNG

Thanks for looking into this

Binway

Thanks Icey,

Interestingly when you download the sankey viz sample data and compare it to my data there does not appear to be much of a difference.  There is a source, destination and measure fields where a value can be in the source and destination eg South Africa, France appear in both source and destination so appear with flows coming in and going out.

Example_Sankey_LI (4).jpg

This sample data does not seem to be much different to my data where values are in the source and destination column, is there some option i need to turn on.

Thanks

Binway

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.