Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giogiogio
Helper II
Helper II

Sankey Diagram - two pillars only

Hi all,

I am tracking geographical movements in two years and I am looking for a BI visual to do so effectively.
I am trying to set-up the Sankey diagram this way: Geo regions @ Year on source, Geo regions @ Year+1 on destination and count of ID as weight. The rusult i get is:
Capture.PNG

This is correct, but I want to have all source "buckets" on the left side (as geo region at Year 1) and all destination buckets on the right side (as geo region at Year 2).

How can I do this? If not possible, is there a different visual to be used to achieve this?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@giogiogio , you may have to create two dimesnions and make sure that one is filtered on year 1 and second one year 2

@amitchandak  I modeled the data table this way:

IDYearGeo @YearGeo @ Year-1Geo Flag

A slicer with single selection on Year let you choose the year of interest, Geo@Year is the destination and Geo@Year-1 is the source for the sankey. Geo Flag (Geo Change or Same Geo) is on another slicer.

What do you mean by create two dimensions ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.