Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

markeajones
Regular Visitor

Same values in multiple groups on one visualisation

Hi all,

I'm trying to produce a visualisation that displays diversity amongst the various levels of our organisation. The way the business want it displayed means that an individual could be in more than 1 group. For example they might be in Grade 3+ and Grade 4+.

As the visual is about diversity the legend then shows the gender breakdown across each grouping, in something like a 100% stacked bar chart. 

I'm struggling to find a way to do this all in a single visual, and using multiple visuals is messy. The end user would like to see all of this on the screen at once so the comparison is easy between each grouping is easy to make, so using a slicer to move between the isn't particularly viable either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @markeajones

Is this what you want?

vxulinmstf_0-1627027843732.png

You need a table as:

vxulinmstf_1-1627027959194.png

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
markeajones
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

The solution I went with was to create additional reference tables, each with a different grouping attached to them. I then appended the tables together and was able to create the visual I needed so thanks for everyone's responses.

It's a little clunky and makes the dataset a lot larger which isn't ideal, but it does do what it needs to now.

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @markeajones,

Is your issue solved?

If the issue has been solved, please adopt the solution to help others

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @markeajones

Is this what you want?

vxulinmstf_0-1627027843732.png

You need a table as:

vxulinmstf_1-1627027959194.png

Best Regards,

Link

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@markeajones , this might require unpivoting and maybe sankey chart visual can do 

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.