Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Baroumy
Regular Visitor

Same period previous year issue

Hello,

I m trying to get a trend for the actual and previous dates. The problem is I'm using a logical test for the values of the first quarter's sales which I believe is not working ( if the quarter number is 1, sum the sales turnover, actual sales - previous quarter sales) with the previous year's values. please check the table below :

Capture.PNG

the DAXs are as the below :

Sales by quarter = if([Quater No.]=1,sum('Client Aging'[Sales Turnover]),sum('Client Aging'[Sales Turnover])- [Sales PQ])
Sales PQ = CALCULATE(SUM('Client Aging'[Sales Turnover]),PREVIOUSQUARTER('Calendar'[date]))
Sales by quarter PY = CALCULATE([Sales by quarter],SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Calendar'[date]))

Any help ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Baroumy , try like. All three are for Last year Qtr

Sales Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('Client Aging'[Sales Turnover]) ,SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Calendar'[date]))

Sales LPQ = CALCULATE(SUM('Client Aging'[Sales Turnover]),PREVIOUSQUARTER(dateadd('Calendar'[date],-4,QUARTER)))

Sales LY quarter = if([Quater No.]=1,[Sales Last Year],[Sales Last Year]- [Sales LPQ])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Baroumy
Regular Visitor

Thank you @amitchandak . It worked.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Baroumy , try like. All three are for Last year Qtr

Sales Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('Client Aging'[Sales Turnover]) ,SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Calendar'[date]))

Sales LPQ = CALCULATE(SUM('Client Aging'[Sales Turnover]),PREVIOUSQUARTER(dateadd('Calendar'[date],-4,QUARTER)))

Sales LY quarter = if([Quater No.]=1,[Sales Last Year],[Sales Last Year]- [Sales LPQ])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.