Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dstright

Salesforce Image URL

We are building a marketing report using 1000+ images from Salesforce. We have been testing images that are stored in Salesforce (both as a URL and as text). We can get the images URLs to display if they are public URLs, but not if they are loaded into Salesforce as an attachment. We stumbled on inserting a picture as a file, and then exposing it as a public URL, but these images still do not display in PowerBI (the URL starts with the salesforce domain...). I can get the images to show up in other apps, so I know they are public. I have been able to disaply the images in PowerBI using Chris Webbs solution, however, most of the images would have to be compressed and we prefer to store images as URLs, not as base64. 

Is it related to Salesforce not supporting IE11, or something else?

Has anyone had a similar problem, or a solution? Thanks! Dana

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2019/05/19/storing-large-images-in-power-bi-datasets/

2 REPLIES 2
dstright

Thank you for the reply, Winniz.  I tested the service as well, and same result. Is this because SF stopped supporting IE11? When I load public URL external images into a Salesforce URL object the images display. When I upload the images into Salesforce even if I make them public (where I can view in a browser) they do not display. It does work in other BI tools (Tableau). It is a puzzle, the org uses BI, so we would really like to get this to work. See images below.

Examle.pngExample_2.png

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dstright ,

Please try uploading the report containing the image URL to Power BI Service, Then check whether the images render and make sure you've authenticated already authenticated.

Referencing: Solved: Retrieve user photo from Salesforce into Power BI? 

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.