Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PaulRyan
Frequent Visitor

Sales order value for sales due before end of the month

Hello all, New boy here

I`m just starting with BI and I`ve done some pretty good (in my opinion) reports already. But as with stuff like this the more you give people the more they want.

I need to be able to calculate the value of sales in our books which are due before the end of this month to give a "potential" of sales for this month if we manage to despatch everything. This calculation needs to look at all sales orders which have a due before the end of the month so they could be from previous months. Because this report will be for the directors I want this report to work without needing any input from the user, that is to say no matter what the month the report should always return a value for the current month.

I`ve been looking at EOMONTH and ENDOFMONTH but I`m no wiser I`m afraid.

7 REPLIES 7
kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I made up a little orders table,PendingAmount.png

If there might be any other filters in the filter context you might want to add an ALL(Orders) into the filters for Calculate so that you would get all of the orders, regardless of any outside filter context.

I am a personal Power BI trainer. 

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!

Join the conversation at We Talk BI find out more about me at Slow BI

@kentyler 

I tried that Ken and got this error1.png

The data is in the salesorderitems table, the sales order value is remain, the dates are duedate.

If you'd like to do a quick screen share. Send me your email and I'll send you a meeting invitation.

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Join the conversation at We Talk BI find out more about me at Slow BI

That should work. Can you send me a small copy of the power bi file ? I'd like to know what is going on.