Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnaMass
Frequent Visitor

SUMX and SUMMARIZE DISTINCT VALUES

Hi,

I need SUMX distinct values of the column 'Fact_Planned Orders'[Material/Plant (MP) Proportion * MaxDateMP], grouped by 'Fact_Planned Orders'[Planning Plant]. The formula that I´m using is the following:

Volume weighted avg PH per plant =

VAR PlantID = 'Fact_Planned Orders'[Planning Plant]

RETURN
CALCULATE(SUMX (DISTINCT(
    SUMMARIZE ( 'Fact_Planned Orders', 'Fact_Planned Orders'[Planning Plant], 'Fact_Planned Orders'[Material/Plant (MP) Proportion * MaxDateMP] )), [Material/Plant (MP) Proportion * MaxDateMP]
), FILTER('Fact_Planned Orders','Fact_Planned Orders'[Planning Plant] = PlantID))

AnaMass_0-1683106927379.png

The results are: AnaMass_1-1683106956532.png

However I think that the formula is summing some duplicate values because when I perform validations on excel removing the duplicate rows and summing the distinct values of [Material/Plant (MP) Proportion * MaxDateMP] column, the result is the following:

AnaMass_2-1683107285475.png

This result is more close of the result that I expect for the formula mencioned above. However I don´t know where is the mistake in my measure formula, because the Power BI result shown seems do be summing not the distinct values.

Anyone can help me with this situation?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

SUMMARIZE already does the grouping for you, no need for DISTINCT.

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.