Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Hydrarian
Helper I
Helper I

SUM measure double the result

Hi, I have several rows with some column values like quantity and net amount, and other text column that are the same for all rows.

I wanto to sum up the value and the net amount column grouped by a column value, like "item id", but when I create the measure 

SP_Net amount = SUM('F - Sales packing slip'[Net amount in company currency]) and 
SP_Quantity = SUM('F - Sales packing slip'[Quantity]) the total value is doubled.
Here is two images: first one without the measure (with the simple rows field), and the second one with measures (the total value gets doubled).
asddsa.PNG2dsdasdads.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Hydrarian ,

If you want  create sum based on specific group like Item_ID so use the below measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(TableName[Net_Amount]),ALLEXCEPT(TableName,TableName[ItemID]))

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Hydrarian , I can not see any total field in the second image. In rhe first image you have used measure. And in the second one the column seems to be not summarized

Hi, maybe I explained it in the wrong way. These are all the rows I want to summarize:

porcatroia1.PNG

porcatroia2.PNGThis is the row that summarize them all with the measures:

SP_Net amount = SUM('F - Sales packing slip'[Net amount in company currency])

SP_Quantity = SUM('F - Sales packing slip'[Quantity]) 

. I'm not talking about automatic total, I'm talking about sum more rows in one, such as a group by in sql. The Net amount should be 1152,45 and the quantity should be 197000, exactly the half.

The measure I used 

Hi, @Hydrarian 

I can’t see the problem from the data you provided, Is there a relationship in your table, is there a date table? 

Can you share some sample fake data? So we can help you soon.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors