Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SSAS Tabular DateTime not showing as DateTime when Desktop uploaded to Web

Hi,

I've got an issue whereby I'm connecting via DirectQuery to a Tabular (2014 Enterprise) model with a Date column which contains datetime, I've set it as a date table and when I build a line chart with a metric using PowerBI Desktop, the line values are correctly displayed by time (days,hours,mins etc).  But when I deploy to the PowerBI service, the time is lost and is set to 12:00:00.

I've tried setting the date to various date display formats and also removed/added it as a date table but no joy.

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I haven't reproduced your issue. The datatime from Tabular data source is rendered properly after we publish it onto Power BI Service. My environment is SSAS 2014 Enterprise + Power BI Desktop May Update (2.35.4399.381).

Capture147.PNG

Capture369.PNG

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, what were the Tabular column settings for that datetime column?  Thanks

@Anonymous

It's live connection, we can't set anything on column. In my source table, it's just a datetime column. As I change table into line chart, it can still dispaly datetime value properly. But on axis, it only shows 12AM and 12PM.

Capture36.PNG

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Here's my Tabular model column and the type/formatting, there's the Desktop table showing dates and times correctly, but once it's uploaded to the Service, all the times are set to midnight:

powerbidates.png

Hi, 

I am also facing the same issue. @Anonymous did you manage to solve it?

thanks

Palzor 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Palzor,

This is now working for me.  SSAS Tabular 2014 (Enterprise) in DirectQuery mode and both Power BI Desktop and the Service are showing datetimes correctly in tables and line charts.  I've installed the new On-Premise Gateway so I wonder if that's had anything to do with fixing it.

Hi Andy,

thanks for the reply. Yes installing On-Premise Gateway solved the problem.

Thanks

Palzor  

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.