Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skaranam
Frequent Visitor

SSAS Live Connection - How to add new measure - Power BI

Hello Team,

I started working on creating power bi reports and one of the report is to pull data from cube. Below is the scenarios,

1. I created a report and selected Import option. I have columns as Orders and Visits. I need a extra column called average value as Orders/visits and i created calculated measure and it looks good. The issue is, this data will not refresh daily. I need to refresh the report daily manually. Then i want to create live report. The issue is in Step 2.
  2.  I created a report and selected Direcy Query. I have the columns orders and visits. I am not able to add measure or new column when connected via direct query. How can i add the column or measure to get Orders/visits. Is there any way to add new measures.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sai

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@skaranam

As @deldersveld said, it's not supported to create measure when opening live connection to SSAS. You have to create those measures within your tabular model.

Regards,

You cannot add measures with a live SSAS connection. You can read more about it here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-analysis-services-tabular-data/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.