Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

theybasar
Helper II
Helper II

SEARCH BOX

I wonder is there anyone knows how to create a search box for entire page on Power BI ? Not filtering, please! I have been reading comeents and some other answers for this questions but I am not looking for filtering, looking for Search Box across multiple fields. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theybasar ,

The entire-search box to highlight is not available. 

Currently, we could use Slicer together with "Interaction" or  use report-level filter to show filtered data. 

Eyelyn9_0-1641369125426.pngEyelyn9_1-1641369165432.png

So as I mentioned before, you could log an idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
maryamab
Frequent Visitor

Spoiler

Did you have luck finding something or creating it?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@theybasar Awesome, you have some working solutions. Cheers!!

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@theybasar to filter all pages, use the column on Filter on all pages. 

parry2k_0-1641479301046.png

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Thank you @parry2k ! I created my own Filter and sort of I got it.  Thank you. 

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theybasar ,

The entire-search box to highlight is not available. 

Currently, we could use Slicer together with "Interaction" or  use report-level filter to show filtered data. 

Eyelyn9_0-1641369125426.pngEyelyn9_1-1641369165432.png

So as I mentioned before, you could log an idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theybasar ,

Since you do not want to filter, What the output do you want to achieve by using the entire-report search box? Hightlight? Can you please share more detail information to help us clarify your scenario?

I think there is your requirement could not be realized currently.

You may let the power bi community to know your requirement and give your votes at power bi site's feedback -
https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Hi Evelyn, the reqirement is actually to highlight column or row or word which is searched when the user types in the search box. Now, I only used the filter with one table but it is not accepted. Also I wonder do you know when we use the filter and select anything from filter to go directly other report page ? 

Thank you

Hi Eyelyn, 

Thank you for replying. Actually, Power Bi gives a option to create a search box only for 1 table, it does not exist one report page. I was wondering is there anyway that we can create a search box for one report page which might include all table and graph visualizations. Other words, we have a Search Button/Bar on the top right of this page(Power BI Page), we can searh and it highlights everything on this screen if find something. I am actaully looking for to create a Seearch Button exactly that. I hope it makes sense now. 

Thank you

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@theybasar Thanks for letting me know. From your original post it was not clear if you already checked at the custom visual library or not.

Follow us on LinkedIn and subscribe to our YouTube channel

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@theybasar There is nothing out of the box, check  custom visuals to see if you find something that works for you.

Follow us on LinkedIn

If I did not check visualizations, I could not as for help. It was not helpful answer. Anyway, thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.