Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nadav
Regular Visitor

SAP BW connectivity issue

Hi,

This is the first time i use the SAP BW CONNECTOR.

I can not find a way to choose whether to show the key or the text of my SAP BW InfoObject.

The result is that sometimes I see a numeric value (code) in the field values and sometimes text (in the same column).

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
JerryS
Frequent Visitor

I am also having this problem with data being extracted from SAP BW as text only. This is a signifcant issue when dealing with Part Numbers (SAP = Material) where the key is an alphanumeric and the text is the part description. The Part description is of limited value as we have many parts with the same description but different 'Part Number'. Is there any solution now as time has moved on since this point was raised?

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Nadav

Since I don’t have a SAP server to be connected now. Could you please provide a screenshot to show the issue you mentioned above?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi,

I have a similar problem,

In SAPBW there's an option to view a field as text, as key or as both.

However, in PBI it only views the field as text, and I could not find a way to view the field as text or both.

It's a big problem cause I can't connect tables with text... it has duplicates. 

Attached is a depictin of the problem

Thanks

Marina

sapbwexample.JPGkeyandtext.JPG

Same problem here.

Can't find a way to show codes, only texts are displayed.

Could you find a solution? @v-haibl-msft @Nadav @Maring

What I came up with is creating a KF using the key field and then using it in the report...

Lame but that's the only solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.