Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Running out of memory in table

When attempting to put together a table visual, I get an error "Couldn't load the data for this visual. There's not enough memory to complete this operation. Please try again later when there may be more memory available". My entire report is 14505 KB. I have 64 bit version of Power BI. I have also enabled max cache to 16000, disabled auto date/time detect, etc but I am still getting the error.

All data is available in 1 table 'Rap+Transactions'. 

The error is caused when trying to connect below measure to column "Service Line" in a table visual.

WIP+ 2020 Top 20 = SUMX(GROUPBY('Rap+Transactions','Rap+Transactions'[Service Line],'Rap+Transactions'[Project]),[Top 20 WIP+ 2020])

I tried an alternative formula but this caused the same error:
Top 20 WIP+ 2020 =
calculate([WIP+ 2020 per project],
filter(values('Rap+Transactions'[Project]),
if(rankx(all('Rap+Transactions'[Project]), [WIP+ 2020 per project],,desc) <= 20, [WIP+ 2020 per project], blank())))

The underlying formula for WIP+ 2020 per project does work and doesn't result in the out of memory error - however, I need to add a top 20 ranking to this measure so I need to apply an additional calculation to below underlying formula:

WIP+ 2020 per project =
VAR _sumofAmount =
CALCULATE( SUM ( 'Rap+Transactions'[bedrag] ), datesbetween('Rap+Transactions'[Date], min('Rap+Transactions'[Date]), max('Rap+Transactions'[Date])))
RETURN
IF ( _sumofAmount > 0, _sumofAmount, 0 )

Output should be:
Service LineWIP+ 2020 Top 20
AAmount X
BAmount Y

Due to confidentiality, I can't share the entire underlying dataset. Thank you in advance for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Faber13
Helper II
Helper II

I have a similar problem while running an accumulated measure - if anyone can solve it I would appreciate it

manikumar34
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous , 

Could you check with your RAM and C drive space. 

If it is full, please check and clear some space.

Regards, 

Manikumar

If this helps, Appreciate your KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @manikumar34 , I have 369 GB left on my drive so I don't think that could be the issue. My PC has 8 GB RAM available. Could that be the issue somehow?

@Anonymous , 

Yes, tat could be. Check your RAM while running the query. 

Regards,

Manikumar

If this helps, Appreciate your KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.