Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Axiomite
Resolver II
Resolver II

Row-level security and Page Level Security in one report

Hi there, 

I'm trying to apply both Row-level security and Page Level Security in one report.

The page Level security limits the user to browse to a specific page. 
The row-level security limits the user to view clients only in the users specific regions. 

Both of the above works. 

However, when trying to apply both of the above to the report, the row-level security "rule" is ignored. 

I have 2 seperate tables for the RLS and Page Level security.

Any ideas? 

Kindest Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Axiomite
Resolver II
Resolver II

@amitchandak 
Thanks for your reply.
Let me know if this helps to explain. 
The user will have RLS to only see the branches in green. He will not have access to the die Finacial report page.

Axiomite_0-1646903655682.png

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Whibley92
Helper II
Helper II

How do you apply page level to all data in rows on a summary page, but only row level access to specific data in analysis pages.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Axiomite ,

How do you set RLS in Power BI Desktop? Please share the table filter dax expression.

And what do you mean "rule is ignored"? The RLS didn't work when testing the role?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jayw-msft 
Thanks for your reply.
Please see if the below screen shots give you a better idea:

Axiomite_0-1647336528266.png

On the left users are restricted to only certian regions, on the right user are restricted to only certian pages, in this case I am just blocking sales reps from seeing Financials. 

So then on Power BI Service I have to groups

Axiomite_1-1647336590462.png

So now the problem is, if I apply "PageLevelSecurity", it works, and limits the user to the page, however, the RLS rules is ignored, and the user can still see all the regions, and not only the user specific regions. (pls note the above screenshot is just an example, both groups have user allocated). 

Kind regards,

Niel

Axiomite
Resolver II
Resolver II

@amitchandak 
Thanks for your reply.
Let me know if this helps to explain. 
The user will have RLS to only see the branches in green. He will not have access to the die Finacial report page.

Axiomite_0-1646903655682.png

Kind Regards

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Axiomite , need to know about your role. If you create two roles and assign them to the user. Then they will OR

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.