Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cdh15
Frequent Visitor

Row/column subtotal formatting different in report view vs. Desktop

Hi,

I have formatted the row and column subtotals in my dashboard to have a light blue background and black text.  However, when opened in the report view, the formatting is completely different (screenshots below).  

Formatting settings for the visual: style: contrast alternating rows, row and column subtotals: on with font color: black, background color: blue, apply to labels: on in both cases.

Both Desktop and Server are May 2022 version.

Desktop:

DesktopDesktop

Reporting Server:

Published ReportPublished Report

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ended up having to change selections under 'field formatting'.  For each of my 4 fields I selected the blue background/black font and applied to subtotals and totals.  This fixed the issue.  Guess Field Formatting was overwriting the subtotal/total formatting for whatever reason.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cdh15 , Clear Browser Cache , refresh and Try.

Republish (prefer latest version) -> Clear Browser Cache, refresh and Try.

Ended up having to change selections under 'field formatting'.  For each of my 4 fields I selected the blue background/black font and applied to subtotals and totals.  This fixed the issue.  Guess Field Formatting was overwriting the subtotal/total formatting for whatever reason.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.