Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EWBI

Row background color change from one source in a Matrix based on the value of another data source.

Hi there!

I'm really flustered and hoping someone can put me on the right path.

I have a matrix that visualizes 1 data source but also linked to a column of another data source.

In a matrix you can't use Color Formatting for the Rows. But I need "User Name" row to highlight a user red or green based on

if there is a value in the Date completed column of the second data source. The Common link between the 2 sources is their User ID.

Please see my Image for reference.Color Format for User Name.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EWBI ,

To my knowledge, there is no option available to apply conditional formatting to Row/Column fields in Matrix visual:

Eyelyn9_0-1657769284235.png

It's only

Eyelyn9_1-1657769307842.png

Ideas similar with what you expect have been submitted in Ideas, please vote them up and you can add comments.Hopes Power Bi will implement this in nearby future.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/search-ideas/?q=conditional%20formatting%20for%20matrix

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EWBI ,

Could you tell me if my reply helps you? If it does, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EWBI ,

To my knowledge, there is no option available to apply conditional formatting to Row/Column fields in Matrix visual:

Eyelyn9_0-1657769284235.png

It's only

Eyelyn9_1-1657769307842.png

Ideas similar with what you expect have been submitted in Ideas, please vote them up and you can add comments.Hopes Power Bi will implement this in nearby future.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/search-ideas/?q=conditional%20formatting%20for%20matrix

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.