Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Avishek07
Frequent Visitor

Rolling 30 days sales on MTD Dates

Hi All..

I have a use case which I can explain...

I have a single select slicer from calender date table: say I select 5th March 2023

I have a bar chart...where in I have to show rolling 30 days sales...but there are 2 catches here:

1. The dates on the x-axis of the bar should be MTD dates...i.e in my case it should be from 1st March 2023 to 5th March 2023...

2. The rolling 30 days sales should be relative to each day of the axis i.e bar on 1st march should show sales from 1st frb to 1st march...on 2nd march bar should show 2nd feb to 2nd march......on 5th march it should be from 5th feb to 5th march....can u pls help me to write the dax

2 REPLIES 2
Avishek07
Frequent Visitor

I need rolling 30 days...but the code above does not give me the apt output...Sorry, I am unable to attach sample data for u..

What I need is..I need to clip the x-axis to MTD dates...say if u select 6th June...my axis should dynamically show 1st to 6th...if somebody selects 30th june..it shud have 1st to 30th data points in x-axis..and from each..i want to rollback and find the avg sales...

so the bar on 30th june shud be avg sales b/w 1st to 30th June...bar on 5th june will avg sales from 5th may to 5th june...

can u share the dax for that pls

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Avishek07 ,

From nth day of the month to nth day of the next month is not always  30 days but if you wanto just sum the rolling 30 days, you should subtract 29 from the date in the current row.  Below is a sample formula. Just change the XDays variable to suit your need.

Rolling 30days =
VAR XDays = 29
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        [Sum of Values],
        FILTER (
            ALL ( Dates ),
            Dates[Date]
                >= MAX ( Dates[Date] ) - XDays
                && Dates[Date] <= MAX ( Dates[Date] )
        )
    )

Make sure to select the correct style in the slicer setting

danextian_0-1685752334615.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.