Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Prabha45
Helper III
Helper III

Rolling 12 months filter

Hi, I want to filter my data on the last 12 months period. For instance if I select year as 2022 and month as Jan, I want the data to be filtered on the last 12 months such as from Jan 2021 till Jan 2022.
Is it possible to have a 12 months flag on complete page. I have a table visual with columns from data source, no dax is involved in this table and a couple of cards having count of a column.
I've been trying a lot of solutions but nothing worked out. Would appreciate if anyone can help in this.

4 REPLIES 4
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Prabha45 you can create a calc column in your main date table. Below calc will calc months from today and you can apply filter accordingly in your data to show months greater than -12.

MonthsFromToday = DATEDIFF(TODAY(), 'Calendar'[Date],MONTH)

negi007_0-1672043346122.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Prabha45 , if you want to show rolled up data of 12 month you can have measure like this with help from date table

Rolling 12 = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],MAX('Date'[Date]),-12,MONTH))

But if you want to show 12 month trend on the axis, you need a slicer on an independent date table

//Date1 is independent Date table, Date is joined with Table
new measure =
var _max = maxx(allselected(Date1),Date1[Date])
var _min = eomonth(_max, -12) +1
return
calculate( sum(Table[Value]), filter('Date', 'Date'[Date] >=_min && 'Date'[Date] <=_max))

Rolling Months Formula: https://youtu.be/GS5O4G81fww

Need of an Independent Date Table:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44fGGmg9fHI

Thanks for you reply. But, there is no need of calculation of columns. Table visual is having only the columns (Name, description, date, department) coming from data source. No measures are used in this table.

@Prabha45 , Not clear on "no need of calculation of columns" and "No measure"

I suggested measures. Would need more information, what is needed

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.